Howard Morey Homestead
Birchwood Area Historical Society
Birchwood, WI 54817
The Morey house was originally built in 1901, and with many additions was finally completed in 1908. Howard Morey's parents bought the house for $304.07 in 1917. In 1924 Howard left Birchwood for Chicago to pursue his piloting career; three years later he began an airline shuttle service between Madison and Chicago. Over the next 60 years Howard Morey continued to make a significant difference in Wisconsin aviation, including training pilots for World War II. His home was donated to the Birchwood Area Historical Society in 1995. The home has undergone restoration to return it to its original appearance and to preserve the memory of Howard Morey.
Hours of Operation:
11am-4pm 1st and 3rd Saturdays June 5 through August 21, Saturday & Sunday on Memorial Day weekend, Bluegill Festival weekend and Labor Day weekend or by appointment. To make an appointment, call 715-354-7300, 715-354-3278 or 817-360-4043.