The Morey house was originally built in 1901, and with many additions was finally completed in 1908. Howard Moreys parents bought the house for $304.07. In 1924 Howard left Birchwood for Chicago to pursue his piloting career, three years later he began an airline shuttle service between Madison and Chicago. Over the next 40 years, Howard Morey continued to make a significant difference in Wisconsin aviation, including training pilots for World War II. His home was donated to the Birchwood Historical Society in 1995. The house is undergoing restoration to return it to its original appearance and to preserve the memory of Howard Morey.
Please call to set up an appointment. The museum is open Wednesdays (Memorial Day-Labor Day) from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.