Submit Your Event
Our event calendar is geared not just for our visitors, but also for locals to be in the know on what is happening in the Washburn County area. Any events submitted must be open to the general public and appeal to both residents and visitors.
To submit your event, please fill out the form below after reviewing our event criteria.
- The event must be open to the general public and advertised to visitors.
- Please include a high resolution image. Please note: You must own the rights to the photo to submit and you accept all liability for submitting that photo.
EVENTS THAT DO NOT QUALIFY:
- Local events such as individual benefits, raffles and private fundraisers.
- Seminars, speakers, listening sessions, lectures, workshops, conferences unless it has a specific tourism focus. These may qualify for our community calendars, so please submit the event for our review.
- Retail sales. However, if a community is doing an event such as “crazy days” or a community garage sale, the event would qualify. In addition, sales can qualify if they also offer an activity (ex/ live music, cookie decorating, etc.) AND refreshments. These may qualify for our community calendars, so please submit the event for our review.
- Political related events.
- Business open houses. However, if the open house is a once/year or special anniversary and offers live music or other visitor-specific activities, the event can be submitted for potential approval. Example: 50th Anniversary Open House with Wagon Rides, Live Music & Free Ice Cream. These may qualify for our community calendars, so please submit the event for our review.
- Events will be listed at the sole discretion of WCTA, following the guidelines and criteria established by the WCTA Board of Directors. WCTA reserves the right to make exceptions to these criteria on a case-by-case basis. All events must be located in Washburn County to qualify or be held at a Member/Partner business.
- During peak times, WCTA reserves the right to limit the number of events displayed on the calendar. Events will be prioritized based on the largest visitor appeal.
- We recommend submitting your event at least two weeks prior to ensure proper time for our staff to approve the event and populate our sign boards and PR.